Monday, February 6, 2017

Want growth in Your Life? Appreciate the little things.

 

If you want to be bless with greater things in life, you must FIRST appreciate what you already have.

1. You want a new job but you're complaining about the job you already have. Or, you do the very minimum at work but you want a raise or promotion. Those type of efforts aren't efforts to get to the next level. #stagnation #WoeIsMeAttitude

2. You're tired if being broke but you either have no saving plans and/or you spend every dime of your paycheck unwisely and/or you won't pick up a 2nd job. #stagnation #livingpaychecktopaycheck

3.You want a new car but you don't even take care of the maintenance of your current car. or, you let junk build up inside your car. Let's practice sanitary please. #stagnation #onceahoopty #alwaysahoopty

4. You want a new home but you're not even taking care of the one you're currently in. Pick up after yourself. Don't let something be on the floor for over a day. Wipe down the coffee table. Sweep and mop. Make your bed. Wash your bedsheets. Clean the toilet. Don't clean your toilet and imagine all the germs in it. Feces!!! Feces carry toxic waste from your body. #stagnation #freshenyourhome #loveTheRoofOverYourHead

5. You want to be in a relationship but you complain about how the opposite sex isn't any good, you don't get out to mingle, or you're not trying to better yourself, like doing 1-4 that is mentioned above. #stagnation #complaining #workonyourself

I could go on and on. But the point is to learn to be appreciative of what you have and take small steps to get to the next level. If can't even make these small steps above, how can you really grow on bigger goals??? How can God even consider you for a bigger blessing when you're not grateful and taking care of the smaller blessings?
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
Matthew 25:21 NIV

I share this by experience. I had to learn to be grateful and faithful for the little things in life. I had to learn not to complain but replace complaining with a praise. I wanted my own apartment so I had to take of the one I lived in prior to. I wanted a car but I had to be grateful I had two good strong legs and shoes on my feet. And not only God bless me with a car BUT a brand NEW car, no cosigner. Well, HE was the cosigner.

I'm not trying to save feels. Out of love, I'm trying to help your life. When advice is given, don't be too prideful to receive. And I don't mean to offend (or maybe offense is needed) but if you're offended and DON'T take the advice then PRIDE is swallowing you down and the word tells us pride comes before destruction.

Proverbs 16:18 NIV Pride goes before destruction, haughty spirit before a fall.

And for those who have also been broken, share an example and how God bless you. Unbelievers and Faith-Strugglers need proof/testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment