Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Single Life - Movies and the Thrift Store

Friday I took myself to the $2.50 movies. Yes, I took myself out on a date. As mentioned in an earlier blog, I decided to start doing a lifestyle change. My normal routine for over a year has been go to work and come home, go to church and come home, go to the grocery store and come home. Yet I complain about how I'm tired of being single and not having many friends. However, my money is tight, right? So everything I do has to be included in the budget. Yes, ballin' on a budget. So I'm starting off with the $2 movies. Yeah, I know, you can't meet people while at the movies but at least I'm out and doing something I will enjoy instead of sitting at home being bored and lonely.

So yeah, I watched the movie and there's a thrift store not too far from that always have nice items in it. I'm looking around and found a cute sweater and skirt. I went to the cashier to ask for a key to the dressing room. The guy was handsome, and Hershey chocolate skin tone with a white teeth, and beautiful smile. So I couldn't help but give him the best smile I had. (So I've been practicing my beautiful-girl look in the mirror lately and hoping it will work now...you are welcome to laugh.)

So I'm headed to the dressing room thinking about how handsome he was and if I should make a move. (I've been in this particular city for almost 2 years and have not been approached. So even though I've said to myself I'm letting a guy approach me, I', actually thinking about approaching this guy.) Tried on the sweater, cute. Skirt, too tight.

Headed to the register to buy the sweater. The only thought I had was "What I'm gonna do?" Get to the register and he's checking out someone. So I go look at the CD's nearby to build up some type of confidence. The store phone rings and he answers. He's naming things that sounded like toppings for a pizza. Some of his words aren't clear because I guess he's trying to talk low and not get noticed. I'm thinking, "Wooow..he has a nice voice!" Then at the end of the call, "Thanks, baby."

Me....everything stopped in my little world. (This is your opportunity to laugh at me because I sure in the heck did.) It was not funny but it was funny. Then I justified in my spirit that I didn't hear him clearly and that he could have said anything other than "Thanks, baby."

Yeah, so, I go to the register. He asked me if everything was alright. I smiled making sure my dimples were showing because I have been practicing this smile in the mirror, I opened my eyes wider because I feel like they give more expression when wider and I say, "Yes."

Now I'm thinking, "That's it? That's all I'm gonna say? How old am I? 16? 'Cause I'm acting like one." He bags me up and I walk out the store.

As I'm walking to the car, I call my god sis. I tell her I wanna give this guy my number. So I'm sitting in the car for 5 minutes and we're going back and forth about whether I should do this or not. Really, it's me talking to her debating if I should do this.

So one of my Christian male friends pulls up out of nowhere! I immediately thought, "LET ME ASK HIM! A CHRISTIAN MAN WILL NEVER LEAD YOU WRONG!" I tell him the situation, I tell him I feel awkward even going through this, and him and his sisters give me a few pointers along with confidence to approach him.

I finally came up with thought to ask him first if he's involved. NOTE: One thing about most guys is that they will not tell you they're involved if you don't ask!!!

Y'all, I went back into the store, walked to the counter, and said with my dimple-smile, "Excuse me, are you involved?" He smiles and he says, "Uhhhhhh..." and immediately I say, "Yup! You're involved because you wouldn't take too long to answer." He took a deep breath and said, "Yes, I am." I said okay and walked off.

I got back in my car and started laughing at myself because I know this is going to be one heck of a  single life adventure and I know importantly that I am going to have to wait on God.

But in the mean time, I'm blogging about my single life to give you and me a good laugh. Peace and blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment