Saturday, December 3, 2011

Why natural hair?

I did the transition for spiritual reasons. I want to slowly stop altering the way God made me. With that being said, I stopped wearing make up excluding lip gloss (lol) and wanted to stop chemically changing my hair. If my hair is thick, dry, and tightly curled, then so be it. I was scared at first because I didn't know how I would manage my hair or that I would look cute (insecurity). But I put all fear aside and started transitioning. I wore a wig the first part because it was hard to manage half-relaxed, half natural hair. I did the big chop in August 2011 and immediately my hair started growing faster.

 These two pics above were the last time I had an actual style.
 This pic above I had some to braid my hair and wore it wild while transitioning.
And below was the big chop, before and after.








                      Before                                                                                             After




No comments:

Post a Comment